<VV> Radio Upgrade

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Jun 12 23:34:33 EDT 2005

I've been hoping I could squeeze a modern (DIN mount) stereo I have lying around from a car I don't have anymore into the stock location but it aint gonna happen.  I thought I could bend the shaft mount tabs down and rig something up but the stereo doesn't quite fit.  The hole is awkwardly shaped too.  I'm very dissapointed by what are you going to do? So.... I quess I'll do what I did back in the day: keep the old AM in its home and hang the AM/FM cassette under the dash.  Not elegant but I just can't bring myself to cut the dash plus the modern radio looks out of place in the dash.

Don't anyone tell me about the antique audio, secret audio, etc etc.  This radio is FREE.  I already own it.  It works great.  It's free.  I'm a cheap bastard.

mike