<VV> Re:WASHER BELLOWS? Nobody fixes anything anymore!

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicspdi.com
Mon Jun 13 13:15:54 EDT 2005

This is so incredibly true and such a waste!  It drives me crazy.  My
washing machine leaks a little ... can you get a new gasket to reseal
it?  NO!  Tried to get parts to fix my garage door opener (stripped gear)
-- can I get them, NO!  Throttle cable on my not-too-old roto tiller ...
NO!  Blades for my lawn mower ... NO!  Head for my Stihl weed whacker -- NO!

Everyone want to throw everything away and have you buy new.  It is a huge
waste of resources and money ... if you are handy enough to fix things
(nobody is any more).

One huge exception to the above rule is John Deere.  I can get any part I
want (except castings) for my 1957 420 and 1966 110 John Deere
tractors.  One of the reasons I purchase John Deere over others ... weed
whackers, lawn tractors, big tractors, no matter what, I can always get the
parts forever -- even the 1966 lawn tractor for which I just got a new muffler.

At 10:03 AM 6/10/2005, Ron wrote:
>It's because no one repairs anything anymore, they just buy a new one.
>Except Corvair folks that is, and we're in a minority.
>RonH
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "corvairs" <lonwall at corvairunderground.com>

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html