<VV> recycle, revisited

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 15:22:27 EDT 2005

> Now Alan, British cars aren't junk. But their electrical and ignition
> systems make them look that way.

Actually, the problem I had with them was that they were all so dull and
out-of-date. To a schoolboy in the 70s, a range of (BMC) cars that had been
announced mostly between 1959 and 1962, and used PUSHROD 4 cylinder engines,
wasn't all that exciting.

The fact that they were appallingly built just sealed the deal.

Cheers

Alan

P.S. The Lotuses we work on were first built in 1958, and one was the
fastest car from 1-100-0 mph in Autocar mag's test this year - so *some*
'outdated' cars can't be improved upon. But BMC's could...