<VV> BBRT Award

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Jun 14 20:14:51 EDT 2005

At 01:19 hours 06/14/2005, Mike Stillwell wrote:
>  What about:
>
>  Stepping in a vat of used oil?
>  Stepping on brake pedal with lid off Master Cylinder?
>  Filling a 5 gallon can with 10 gallons of gas?
>  Welding a 1/2" wrench to the body, using only the
>positive side of the battery?
>
>  Not that I've ever done any of the above. ;-)

Did you ever assemble an engine and after torqueing the last head stud, you
notice a single bright shiny oil ring in the box with the slips of empty
ring wrap paper...?

...and after you disassemble the engine again, you learn that it was
another ring from somewhere else and not something you left out?

I did the same thing with stem seals on a pair of bigblock Mopar
heads...  found a nice new one in the bottom of the box after the heads
were back on the engine and valve covers bolted back on.     ...got an
extra one, but I had to check to see for sure, nowhere nearly as much
hassle as taking the Vair engine apart again but it still wasn't much
fun.

tony..