<VV> green rant and some corvair related stuff

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Tue Jun 14 18:15:36 EDT 2005

I'd be hard put to look Alan in the eye and assure him that things are much
better in the United States, all things considered.
     Before anyone (American) jumps on me for slamming their country, note
that Alan is taken (not necessarily correctly) on this list as slamming his,
and I haven't noted any posts taking him to task for doing that. Maybe if
there were other Brits on this forum . . .
     We could just each stay (continue to reside) in our present countries,
and try to improve them from within being, after all, citizens, even
natives, of them. And each think our own country is best . . . or not.
Privately.
     The Corvair was a rather international car for its day, partly as a
result of onerous tariffs that have since been reduced (I'm thinking of the
Completely Knocked Down kits assembled in Holland, South Africa,
Switzerland, and other places). I like it that way, and value Corvair lovers
in other countries at least much as I do in the US where, at least
relatively, we might have more than "our share."

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C