<VV> UK not Corvair

padgett46 at bellsouth.net padgett46 at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 14 20:11:23 EDT 2005

>I think for a car enthusiast there are much better than in the UK.

Well, they get english rite 8*). Keep in mind that petrol was $6.40/gal the last time I was there and that there used to be a rather odd tax based on the engine bore which led to some rather long stroke engines.

Still have some whitworth wrenches but have trouble keeping my eyes off the oil pressure guages (can you tell I was infested by Jaguars in my yout ?)

But how could we live without Lucas one-liners ?
"Prince of Darkeness"
"Father of the intermittant wiper"
"Inventer of the three position light switch: off, dim, & flicker"

Used to replace the Jag generators with Delco alternators, all you had to do was reverse the diodes.

Padgett