<VV> windshield install

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicspdi.com
Thu Jun 16 16:08:57 EDT 2005

Sounds smart ... at this point glass is more available than seals.  Does
anyone have good seals for 62 Windshields, Sedan rear windows, or Wagon
rear window (all 62)?  I would be interested if you do!

At 07:22 AM 6/16/2005, Geoffrey A Johnson wrote:
>I forgot to mention those differences.  But the probblem is that you do
>the best you can.   You can do a pretty darn good install that looks
>correct and seals with the new gaskets as I described.  I used an original
>when I did my convertible, luckily had one.  But that is rarely the case.
>The other half dozen I have done with the new gaskets came out just fine.
>But removing one without breaking the windshield is next to impossible.  I
>did this last weekend on a friends car.  Was putting a new windsield in,
>tryign to save the slightly scracthed and pitted old one.  I also wanted
>to save a orignal gasket, usually just slash the lip off the old gasket
>and slide the windshield out. This case I did not  hurt the gasket.   The
>winshield  broke in about 4 places.  I now have a spare original next time
>I need to put a windshield in, at the cost of a broken windshield.  The
>new one we put in looks and seals just fine.  It is not perfect but you do
>what you can with what you have.
>
>Geoff Johnson
>

>On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Bill Hubbell wrote:
>
>>I feel like I must jump in here and comment on this subject.
>>
>>It is true that the reproduction weather strip is not the same as the
>>original, but you cannot fix the problem just by modifying the trim strips.
>Change your options:
>http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of
pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html