<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 5, Issue 128

JKFG717 at aol.com JKFG717 at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 16:24:52 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/16/2005 4:17:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

From:  GYoungwolf at aol.com
Subject: <VV> HV Choke Housing Repair Tip
To:  virtualvairs at corvair.org

After having spent more time than I would like  repairing the threads in a YH
carb choke housing today, I thought I would  pass some tips along to those
who
have one. Because the housing is made of  soft metal, it is not all that
unusual to over-tighten the 3 small screws  that hold the plastic cover to
the
housing. This should not really be  necessary since the three spring clips
only need
to be compressed to hold  it snug, but we probably all know some gorilla
mechanics who believe  tighter is gooder.

Am I confused, or are these 2 different carbs?   Jim