<VV> fuel pump

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Jun 17 19:02:37 EDT 2005

>IMHO: The best place: In the tank. 1) Quieter 2) Runs cooler,  but, (-) hard
>to install (-) hard to service.

Pumps designed to run externally are designed for it. Tank pumps rely on
the gas to stay cool and if you habitually run low on gas, they may wear
out sooner. The tank pump also mounts on the sender bracket so must have a
place for it. It also requires additional wiring into the tank. I also
recently replaced the pump in a Fiero and within 100 miles was howling
which required going through everything again.

Unless the tank is very easy to remove, I would go for an external unit
preferably that can be regulated to 3-4 psi. Easy to maintain and designed
for it.

Padgett

cross fingers, I hope to find a suitable LM this weekend