<VV> fuel pump

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Fri Jun 17 20:30:03 EDT 2005

My preference is to mount the electric fool pump in the tank. I use the kits
from The Source. They are complete with the pump already mounted on a new
pick up/sending unit and includes a new seal as well. It is not a difficult
install. I do use a relay and safety switches though which The Source also
supplies.

On the other hand, my V8 Vair has a high pressure pump for the fool
injectioned 350 mounted in line under the car just aft of the sheet metal
bracket that holds the front of the tunnel pan. I first tried using the
insulated bracket that came with the pump but it transmitted a lot of noise
through the floor. I finally just let it hang free on the two short pieces
of rubber hose connecting it to the steel lines. If the windows are down you
can hear it whine but after the engine fires up you can't!

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet at charter.net
Web Site http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley