<VV> Trans filler tube

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 23:19:49 EDT 2005

Dave Hammelef writes:
HELP, I want to replace the trans pan gasket.  It's
leaking. It appears, to do this, I need to remove the
filler tube, and this will alow me to drain the pan.
HOW do I get it off? I have pulled/pushed as hard as
possible and its not moving. Soaking in BP blaster
right now?

I'm sure everyone has their own trick to do this but
I put a large Crescent wrench on the nut and take all
the play out.  Then hit the end of the wrench with a
BFH (big fu**ing hammer)  Pops loose easy.
Also, invest in the square metal re-inforcement
washers sold by Clark's Corvair Parts so you don't
warp the pan when tightening the bolts.
Clark Hartzel