<VV> Possible Thread Generating Question...

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Sun Jun 19 05:56:30 EDT 2005

 I use the newly released Permatex Copper-based anti-seize on them and any
high-heat application, including all exhaust fasteners. The Copper-based
stuff is designed for high-heat applications, specifically for spark plugs
in aluminum heads, according to the Permatex rep.

New?  It's the same stuff my father was using in 1944 when he was rebuilding
Pratt & Whitney R2800 engines for the US Navy, and I was using in 1973-1974
when I was working on the boilers of the SS E.G. Grace, and when I was
building racing engines for Nissan in the 1980's, and when I re-built the
140 for the Corsa in 2004!

It's good stuff, but it's hardly "newly released", as I learned about it
from my father and bought my first tub of it during my brief stint as a
"flat-rater" earning beer money in college 5 kids ago!

John

PS-It's supposed to be bronze dross rather than copper!