<VV> Possible Thread Generating Question...

Phil Fairman hoscale at paonline.com
Sat Jun 18 23:05:45 EDT 2005

Having dealt with rusty/frozen fasteners of all kinds, I generally use anti-seize on most all threaded fasteners. That includes all bolts & nuts on my recently rebuilt front end, bumper bolts, the bolts that hold the wiper motor on the firewall...Spark plugs? I use the newly released Permatex Copper-based anti-seize on them and any high-heat application, including all exhaust fasteners. The Copper-based stuff is designed for high-heat applications, specifically for spark plugs in aluminum heads, according to the Permatex rep. I have never had a properly torqued fastener that had anti-seize used on it come apart when it shouldn't, nor have I had a problem removing one either. I see no reason not to use it wherever you feel it's needed to insure easy dissasembly. I also use it instead of moly lube on the brake shoe contact points on the backing plates....doesn't run and get on the shoes.

Phil Fairman
'66 Monza 110/pg AM/FM