<VV> E-85

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Sun Jun 19 03:07:51 EDT 2005

Smitty says:  I was on the edge of my seat all fired up to go with biting
sarcasm to the talk about the wondrous magical abilities of modern cars
that can utilize E-85 while improving your fuel mileage, brush your teeth
and give you extra power to boot.  But then I thought, No, that would be
unlike your gentle nature to do that Smitty.  So I will just say this.  I
don't care what Saab, Subaru or Ford pickup can utilize 99% alcohol and
1% wine vinegar as fuel.  The man asked what problems we (Corvair owners)
could expect from being forced to use gasohol.  I have no interest in
hybrids or hydrogen burning FCXs unless I buy one.  If I do then, I will
look into finding an internet chat group that talks of such things.  We
as Corvair owners are not going to take advantage of modern technology
like variable cam timing or variable compression ratios and as I said I
personally don't care about cars that do.  The question is, what can we
do about the problems and limitations of using the fuel we will be stuck
with?