<VV> E-85

corsaconvertible corsaconvertible at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 01:45:08 EDT 2005

Do nothing beyond checking and replacing fuel filters when needed and
you'll be fine,  just as I have.

I have had the choice since 1973 in Iowa between ethanol and regular
gasoline. I've always chosen 10% ethanol for my '65 Corsa (and all
other cars I've driven). My Corsa had over 100,000 miles when I bought
it in 1981, and now has over 200,000 miles.

No seat of the pants performance change. Weather in Iowa can be
bitterly cold (below zero) and dry in the winter, and very hot (over
100 some days) and very humid in the summer.

I've driven my Corsa on round trips from Iowa to southern Florida,
Iowa to southern California, mountains, deserts, hot, cold, wet, dry.
Ethanol didn't make any differance that I could tell. Maybe on a dyno
I could see a difference, or if your seat of your pants is more
sensative than mine, or if someone has preconceived notions about
performance or failures.

A failure after switching to 10% ethanol does not mean the failure is
due to ethanol.
--
Tony Hansen
corsaconvertible at gmail.com