<VV> Re: (VV) Ethanol?

James Dallas bec176 at msn.com
Sun Jun 19 09:38:45 EDT 2005

Ed, I was referring to the Indy Car Engines.  If you was to try and drive
away by just releasing the clutch in an Indy car you will kill the engine
every time.  This is the biggest reason they stall on pit road.  Not enough
RPM when the clutch is released.  They are not designed for low RPM use.  I
used to have a corvair engine in a midget, same thing the engine was
designed to operate at 6500 to 7000 RPM.  The same with the car you just
mentioned.  It would lay rubber from a standing start.  What RPM was it when
you dumped the clutch?  Try the same thing from idle with the clutch already
released and it's not going to like it one bit.

Jim Dallas
MCCA
CORSA