<VV> Body advise/metal shrinking

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 00:31:42 EDT 2005

Hey guys,
When I was a kid (and to Smitty I reckon I still am) I can remember my
Grandpa taking the hail dents out of the hood of my "step-Granny's" Buick... a big
Electra 225, late 60s model... he took the propane torch and a block of dry
ice, heated up the spot and rubbed the dry ice over it... it amazed the crap
outta me, but I was probably only 7 if I was that old (that would put it in the
early 1970s)... as for being perfect, well, I was just a kid, so I can't testify
to the "perfectness" of Grandpa's result, but it was really cool to watch.
That was the summer I saw him take the brake shoes off his '57 Golden Hawk and
soak them in Kerosene and torch 'em to burn the brake fluid off... I wouldn't
do that nowadays, what with bonded linings and no asbestos materials... they
might just keep burning.
<VBG>
I go see the Dr at 1:00 pm Monday, so wish me luck... I might get out of this
cast!!! I'm supposed to get fitted for a brace, so I reckon we'll see whats
up.
Take care, and I'll keep y'all posted!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)