<VV> RE: Body advise/metal shrinking

rhino60 rhino60 at direcway.com
Mon Jun 20 13:17:38 EDT 2005

I use to work at the port in Seattle where we brought in new cars from over seas.  We fixed all the damage from shipping there per their factory rep.  Most of the time we were asked to do paint less repair.  To do this we used a verity of different shaped spring steel rods and blocks to work out dings and other damage done during shipping.  If it was major damage we replaced the panel.  Hard to do true metal finish anymore.  Just not enough metal there to straighten and file smooth.  As for shrinking we did some of that, mostly with the spizsnagle.  Most people nowadays seem to do more damage with the torch on today's light metals.  Just my experience.]
Nick Abellera
65 Monza V-6 conversion in progress