<VV> link to reference articles about efficacy of ethanol production (corvar content?.. we may need to adjust carbs for fuels of the future)

werp knarly werpknarly at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 20 12:48:51 EDT 2005

here is a good list on ethanol efficacy:
http://journeytoforever.org/ethanol_energy.html

even this site has not been updated to reflect the new process which saves about a third of the energy used to convert corn to ethanol, and efficacy of corn production is growing by leaps and bounds

ive gotten loads of replies asking were the extra energy in the ethanol system comes from.. it's the sun! corn plants convert sunlight into carbohydrates. someday a smart kid will invent a biofilm that converts sunlight into ethanol, or maybe right into gasoline for those old-timers

we can all pine for the past when 'real' gas was 64c/g or less, and opec was just some four letter word, but tomorrow we will need a different fuel to keep our corvairs running. i would rather bet on ethanol than hydrogen, although propane would be a possibility
hydrogen is just to expensive to store and transport

and im spent

Thanks!

Joe, Lisa, Teegan, and Mina