<VV> Body advise/metal shrinking

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 02:32:00 EDT 2005

I use them too - but there is a limit to what they can achieve, as I found
out to my cost with my VW Golf. They shrank one dent to perfection, but when
someone in a car park put a bigger one in the guy wrinkled his nose and said
he didn't think he could remove it 100%, but that he would try, and if he
only achieved 99% I wouldn't have to pay anything.

He achieved about 97%, and I didn't have to pay. I will remove the small
crease he left by skimming it with bondo. Specifically, he stated that the
reason he couldn't get bit of the remaining small crease was because the
metal had stretched...

Cheers

Alan