<VV> !! Indy irony ! - No Vair

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl
Wed Jun 22 00:36:35 EDT 2005

Op 22-jun-2005, om 0:25 heeft Jim Bannister het volgende geschreven:

> Yeah, the pleasures of the Autobahn.  An 85 year old rentner, blind
> as a bat
> going full tilt in a Merc "S" class in the fog or a blinding snow
> storm.
> Why?? You might ask?? Because he believed that he also bought the
> right of
> way when he bought the car.  I find that my average speeds in the
> U.S. are
> higher because you are not continuously panic breaking for these
> idiots.
> BTDT for 12 years.
> Jim

I believe that's a Merc problem in general, somehow many (not all!)
Mercedes drives feel they've reached the top which makes them more
then us other mortals.

On my visit to the US a few years back I enjoyed driving on the very
nice highways. I wouldn't mind if the speeds were a little bit higher
with those distances but then again you get there eventually ;-) When
I got back to the Netherlands and had to get in the early morning
trafic jam I somewhat got the feeling there was a race going on!

Well we have the opportunity to visit the US again this year during
our family holiday. Drivers in the South-West be careful ;-)

Guus
The Netherlands
'65 Corsa Cvt 180 HP