<VV> bounces

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 12:09:33 EDT 2005

Hi Joe,

To my knowledge, AOL will not tell you that it has bounced a message.  You
will usually get notification if another ISP (or AOL) bounces a message you have
sent out.  If you are getting messages that the VV server is receiving bounce
messages from your address, you are missing those bounced messages.

I suspect that you are receiving the VV posts individually which is why you
may not know that you are missing some messages.  Are they sequentially
numbered?  I receive mine in digest form and they are numbered.  As an aside, I am
missing digest number 173 from yesterday but haven't missed any other digests
for a couple of weeks.

If this were a spam issue with some VV messages because of a keyword you
listed, AOL would put the message in your spam file.  If you have checked your
spam file and the messages are not there, you can assume that your spam filter is
not the problem.  I believe that this is an issue with the server that
handles our VV communications.  At least, it may be a compatibility issue with AOL.
There may be a higher level filter that AOL has that stops the messages
before they get to our personal filters.  For some reason it is a sporadic but
recurring problem.  I hope we can solve it some time soon.

Doc
In a message dated 6/22/2005 8:27:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,