<VV> No Corvair - Summertime small engines

GYoungwolf at aol.com GYoungwolf at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 16:21:30 EDT 2005

I offer this up as I am sure many of you have several powered yard
tools that might be giving you some trouble as summer starts.
I was just about to start over after collecting a weed eater, blower,
and chain saw that wouldn't start this year after serving well in
hurricane clean up. I decided to take a chance at disassembling
and cleaning the mini-carburetors to see if that would help.
You will find that most are essentially a 4-5 piece unit with built
in fuel pumps (rubber flaps) and are held together by 2-3 screws
at most. A couple of squirts of carb cleaner and a flushing through
the fuel lines got the leaf blower and the chain saw working.
The weed eater was terminal with deteriorated plastic gas lines,
so a trip to the lawnmower store and $4 later it was back in business.
All three engines had a ceramic type fuel pickup that was pretty
gummed up with varnish. They were easy to clean back to a nice
white color, however. Hope this helps someone save some $$$.
The mini-Carbmeister