<VV> Re: Young Corvair buyer

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Wed Jun 22 16:46:33 EDT 2005

I actually live a bit far from the guy in Mass looking for a "cheap" vair.
But if he only asked a month earlier as I sold 2 Corvairs for $400 each. A
61 4-door with a 6 140hp motor and auto trans. Pretty much turn key, but
needed wheel cylinders, and cosmetically needed rocker panels and front
splash pan, new parts included with the car. As soon as that one went, I
sold a 62 4-door, ran sweet, needed paint and the rear tailight panel was
badly rotted. Had a southern replacement for it.
Yes they both needed work, but still close to this guys price range. They
can still be found so he wasn't totally unrealistic, but they are getting
tougher to find unless you are ready to put a little "sweat equity" in them.
Good to see a young guy interested.............

Now he says he needs a front panel for a late model?

I am parting out a 65, the lower valence has a lot of filler in it, but the
area between the headlights is OK. exactly how much do you need?

Gary Swiatowy