<VV> re;brakedrum removal

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 09:27:00 EDT 2005

I've had more than my share of 'stuck'drums,just broken some,as a last resort...I've used TWO hammers---heavy,flat-faced malls,put one against the surface betweentwo studs,and hit it with the other;;;go aroundbetween studs,use penetrating oil on centering ring and studs(to seep between axle face and drum)..they often will 'bounce out'...take some emery/sand paper to the center'hole',so when it does loosen,it won't bind on rust that's piling up as it comes off;;;a 'last resort' would be to knock the 4 or 5 studs in,lock the brakes,and try to get the axle to spin free of the drum,with opposite side off the ground,,fwd-rev-fwd-rev,,that should help it break free..Tom/'skinnedwhiteknucklegarage'