<VV> RE: Re: octane and alky - adjustment in a Corvair

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair at insightbb.com
Thu Jun 23 18:04:17 EDT 2005

Ray sedman -  www.american-pi.com sells the safeguard.  nice device,  not
inexpensive.  I used one on my Cord 8/10s -- turbo with PG.  other means to
control/fix detonation -- such as a properly curved distributer, but I opted
for this "short-cut"
The safeguard is capable of controlling detonation by each cylinder vs all
or none.

I hide the control unit under the rear seat of stock corvair.  leaves 1 wire
to the knock sensor <about the size of a oil pressure sensor> that replaces
a sheet bolt to one head plus 2 wires to the distributor - so the safeguard
may control the timing.   a fourth wire could be routed to the dash and an
optional guage so you can monitor the safeguad's work.

For me,  it did what I needed <and wanted>

tim mahler
pcca
convention bound -- iowa mini and portland international.   may need to miss
the eastern mini :-(