<VV> octane

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Jun 23 22:04:37 EDT 2005

>Really?  I thought it was pretty well known that a 10:1 140 that runs on
>pump premium is a known answer.

Odd, my impression was that both the 110 hp and the 140 hp engines were
both 9:1, in fact they both make about the same power up to about 4400 rpm
and both have the same peak torque, 160 lb-ft just the 110 makes it at 2800
and the 140 at 3600. This implies that the 110 actually makes more
torque/hp below 3,000 rpm than the 140. After that the extra throttle area
of the 140 takes over.

Is interesting though that the 110 and the 140 seem to both have the same
CR and use the same camshaft and pistons. Are the valves larger ? I show
two different part numbers but no sizes.

Padgett