<VV> RE: Turbo question

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl
Sat Jun 25 02:16:48 EDT 2005

Op 25-jun-2005, om 5:06 heeft Bob & Kathy Gilbert het volgende
geschreven:

> Ok, here's the latest.
>
> I took the float cover off and there was maybe 1/4 inch of gas in
> the bowl.
> I checked the float drop - 5/8 inch as per the book.
>
> I checked and the choke was fully closed.

I'm jumping in halfway the story so maybe my answer is not fully to
the point but here goes. How does the engine start when warm and with
a fully open choke? My experience is that ,when warm, the car should
start fine on the idle circuit only without touching the gas pedal.
The conclusion I've drawn from that is that other parts (choke, main,
acceleration circuits) are only necessary for their specific
function. The should not be adjusted to help the car start on a
norman warm engine. If that is not the case one would suspect you're
idle mixture circuit is not operating as it should. That might also
explain why you can get it started properly with starting fluid, it's
the bit extra fuel it needs.

Just my € 0,02

Guus