<VV> court lamp hookup?

Kirby Smith kirbyasmith at gwi.net
Sat Jun 25 14:01:38 EDT 2005

The front floor courtesy lights (contracted to "court" lights on the
Shop Manual schematic) used on Corsas connect in parallel with the dome
light.  The connection point is under the headlight control switch.  The
courtesy lights were designed as an add-on to the base light wiring
circuit.  I expected therefore that the courtesy lights connectors would
  connect to the dome light power leads and provide a way for the dome
light circuit to be added on.

The power wires from the headlight switch, the dome light wires, and the
courtesy light wires have single terminal connectors.  Two into one
don't go without an adapter of some sort.  I can't recall now how they
were originally connected when I took them apart 30 years ago.  I can't
find any plastic plug-based 2-into-1s in my once-removed but
not-yet-reinstalled parts piles, :) and I can't find any hard metal
2-into-1 GM terminals lying about.  (If they existed, these would be the
counterparts of similar devices that are widely available for use with
crimp-on connectors. Which is not to say that they don't exist.)  I
could wire up a connector based system, but I would really like to know:
How is this conection supposed to be made?

Thanks

kirby, 66 turbo Corsa