<VV> Cooling issues

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Jun 25 16:26:10 EDT 2005

>  I also like to braze in washers in the exhaust push rod
>tubes at the head end.  This creates a higher level for the oil to flow
>down those tubes and thus the oil flows down the intake (cooler)
>tubes.

Would have to wonder at that, after all the oil is also a coolant so would
want anywhere cooling was needed, Is there room to wrap with that silver
tape the General uses on wiring harnesses ?

My experience with street engines is that you do not want to cruise over
3000 rpm as the IHP (which translates to energy loss which results in heat)
goes up with the square of the rpm.

As I mentioned earlier, the fan is also a major energy absorber and it
appears first that the fan is blowing the wrong way (from a low pressure
area to a high) and the grilles on thee deck lid  seem quite small for the
CFM required (my first quess - not even a swag - would be around 1600 CFM -
anyone know ?). My understanding it that this is why Doug Roe removed the
window glass and put a scoop behind where the window would be. I suspect
for a street car, something that looked more like a spoiler on the deck lid
and an air dam under the back seat would help.

Florida is an excellent area to test for cooling systems but first I have
to find the right LM convertible (hint). Is hard to develop Corvair ideas
without a Corvair.

Padgett