<VV> Why Do Manuals...? My rantings

Frog Princezz media_diva at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 25 20:26:16 EDT 2005

Why do the tech manuals suck hard boiled eggs through coffee stirs?
I have gone over the collection of manuals I now own and still have a hard time finding what I'm looking for if I ever find it.  The reasons I suppose I can't find what I'm looking for is
1).  I don't know the proper name nor the proper system that it is a part of
2). It's just not in the manuals
3). It's there but not enough information is given for my needs
Yes I said collection... OK it's only four but I started out with two purchased the chaassis manual at everyones suggestion and it does me little good and even bought Corvair Basics it's a nice book but again does me veeery little good.

I just descovered that I need thermostat bellows... and how did I discovered this?  NOT from the manuals but from one of my fellow VV'ers, Thanx Del!!! Being the novice that I am and no car genius after dropping the engine lower shrouds and see how it looks like part of the exhaust system, I thought to look ing the exhaussst section of the manuals and NOTHING!!
But with a name like thermostat I thought OH cooling system!!! and what did I find NOT A DING DANG THANG!  And that big ole hose that runs from the driver side baffle to the passanger side wall what is that and what's it connected to and how do you change it?  Hell if I know... can't find anything on that either!

So I guess someone will suggest I purchase yet another manual to explain the manuals RIGHT?!?!  OH I DARE YOU!!!  I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!!

If the manual companies are gonna sale these, IMHO, senseless misuse of a perfectly good tree could they at least give me some useful information?!?

This has been a 60 second commentary by one ticked off sista!
Alesia

P.S. If it wasn't for you guys I'd still be stuck with a really cute lawn ornament!