<VV> Double e-mails (No Corvair)

John Dozsa jdozsa at carr.org
Sun Jun 26 16:32:43 EDT 2005

> Subject: <VV> Double e-mails
> Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:06:07 -0400
> From: Jim Simpson <simpsonj at bellatlantic.net>
> To: virtualvairs at skiblack.com
>
> I was getting the VV digest mode twice -- it turned out to be a setting in
> my e-mail program.  I use Eudora and had either just reinstalled it for
> some reason or changed a setting.  Unfortunately I can't remember exactly
> what it was I did to cure the problem, but it was definitely at my end.
>
> Jim Simpson, Group Corvair

SNIP ....

Well, in my case the problem is on the sending mail server end.

For example this SNIPed e-mail Vol 5, Issue 217 was received twice.
Looking at the expanded header IDs it's obvious it was sent twice.

Message-ID #1:

<200506261947.j5QJlrFw025506 at tiger.skiblack.com>

Message-ID #2:

<200506261948.j5QJluFx025513 at tiger.skiblack.com>