<VV> Weekend

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Sun Jun 26 18:35:44 EDT 2005

Well,
This has been a big Corvair week end. With the temps being in the 90's and no rain it was good to be outside.
On Friday we attended a local cruise in and it was nicely attended due to the weather. On Saturday we hit another cruise in until about three in the afternoon, then drove to another show close to the house at a local F#@d dealer put on by the local Rustang club. Lotsa cars there too. I was not the only Vair there either!
Today, Sunday the West Virginia Motorsports Council which I am a member of hosted a pit stop for the Great American Race at our Capitol building in Charleston. What a great conglomeration of vintage cars and racers! They were supposed to arrive at one minute intervals, spend 30 minutes, then leave for Ashland KY where they will stay overnight. Needless to say it didn't quite go down that way but we hustled them in and out and on their way. The public turned out in force also to gawk at the colorful array of automotive history. I ended up doing what I do at most functions and that is taking lots of pictures.
The real highlight though for me at least was meeting Richard and Barb Tiffany from New York in their very nice 1960 four door Corvair! (Okay, all you cave men sit down!) I know someone wrote about it on VV but I'd forgotten about it until the day before the pit stop and I was reading the roster of cars participating in the race.
Oh, the local Rustang club had a nice car display as Ford is one of the sponsors. Guess who was parked on the end with them? That's right, little o'l me and my 69 Vair!

Whatta great weekend!

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet at charter.net