<VV> Body Transplant

Kirby Smith kirbyasmith at gwi.net
Mon Jun 27 10:11:52 EDT 2005

Not exactly a stripped body purchase, but I did strip my car of almost
everything (even the headliner was changed) so I could sandblast and
passivate all the rust and replace what needed it (one fender and the
front window bow, and the lower fender under the battery).  Stripping
the car is the best way to get at the rust.

I still haven't put everything back, but there is recent progress.  The
rebuilt engine runs.  The rear fold-down seat and back cardbard have
been covered with carpet.  I have refurbished the floor carpets.
Suspension, gas tank, differential, etc. all redone.  Lots of time.
There were significant bucks put into the engine, but it was in various
past year dollars and I don't have an accounting.  The AN fittings used
in various places, particularly for oil system add ons, added cost too.

I'm about to get into the doors, which are off the car, and were only
sandblasted enough to thin out the rust so it wouldn't retain moisture.

kirby 66 turbo Corsa