<VV> Body Transplant

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Jun 27 10:44:29 EDT 2005

Joe
When I got the Eastern Ultra Monza from CA it had---
Brakes--seized wheel cyl's, no M/C, rusted hdwe, and shot hoses.

Powertrain--no engine,Transaxle in serious need of rebuild.

Suspension--on the car, but totally shot--all rubber gone,etc. Front and rear!!

Interior--had some seats, but they weren't in very good shape--I ended up not using them. no door panels or headliner. No Carpet either

Rust Damage---Just finished refabricating both front and rear glass channels. Other than that--no rust.

Right now, with no paint, And still needing an interior, I am in about 8000.00

Only difference between my car and one already finished going for the same price---I know every thing has been re-done, The way I want it. I have no doubts about--Who built my engine?? How long ago was my transmission built and
who did it?? How long will it last??  Are my U joints good quality HD or cheapies?? Etc.

Estimate for all body and paint from my friend Eric's employer (Street Dreams Rod Shop)---3000.00---And that's a friend price.  I still have to get all the weatherstrip rubber (all shot--the stuff that Steele makes I can get at cost)and have my Corvair rear seat and 95 Camaro front seats recovered--Figure a couple of rechromed bumpers and it will be a 14K car--but all new!! Rather drive it than the wifes 03 Alero--which cost me 12K !!!

What is it worth?? The effort has been worth it-- But I wouldn't sell it anyway. Anyone who tries to get out of a car what they have in it is a fool IMO.

 Had the car up at the Rod Shop on Sat to finish putting in the backlite, and put on the trim. Had Eric pick me up this morning to bring it home again.An early morning drive from the mountains back to the house. Roof Rail W/S leaking in the rain, so put it in the carport and took the truck to work. Steele don't make those!!!

Hank (shopping for radio, amp and speakers)