<VV> Body Transplant

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Jun 27 15:58:27 EDT 2005

Yeah it is easy for restoration costs on an ULTRA to spiral out of control
I think my bill is up to like 247$ total investment on my 63 Vert.
3000 trouble free miles so far!
<GGGG>
Seriously we are planning a full on transplant like has been spoken of
on another vert
that came in the deal I got mine in.  Bare Shell.  IT all comes down to
how useable is whats there?  This shell had a MACO type respray that they
drenched the whole car in black paint, and never got reassembled and all
the parts are long gone. Nothing as annoying as
cheapy body work.  Interior as well.  Plus it sat open
for however many years.

So in total it was two differnt points of view.  The SHELL is a much more
solid body, no dents, no rust.  The one I put together has dings and some
rust, but it was complete even though it needed basically everything
before it could be driven.  Then again it still wears shiny red original
paint.

Geoff Johnson