<VV>Mo' Manuals

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Jun 27 11:08:34 EDT 2005

>Read the manual from cover to cover and go through the assembly and
>disassembly .... good idea but I want to drive my car this year not tear it
>apart and spend the next 3 year putting her back together.

Is not how I do it. When I obtain the manual for a new car (and still
looking...), I skim through it once just to look at the pictures and read
interesting bits, not the hole thing. Might take an hour or two.

That way if I need something I have a general idea where it is. There is
also usually an index in the front but it helps to know that the GM name
for something may be (e.g. PANEL, chromed front = bumper Note: do not know
if in a Corvair manual that way but is in some GM manuals.)

Pats book is often a good idea since it also has illustrations that rival
an assembly manual (may see same ones) and even if the part is not current,
it may be available NOS and knowing the group number is always useful.

Padgett