<VV> y'all

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Jun 27 15:39:20 EDT 2005

>Castrol now makes a 5W50 synthetic oil to help with the Corvair cooling
>range.

Etchhhh. Thicker oil aggravates cooling, not helps. My current cars all run
on 10W30, usually either Castrol or Vavoline though trying a Walmart
Synthetic Blend 10W30 in one right now ($7.96 for five quarts). If I had
trouble in hot weather, I would try a straight 30 racing oil before
anything with such a range of weights. If overheating or losing oil
pressure on that I would want to find out why.

Am seeing indications that people in Really Hot Climates are being
successful in staying cool so know it can be done.

Padgett