<VV> Performance Single Exhaust?

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 16:23:01 EDT 2005

I did that on my '65 Corsa.  It already had the turbo body cutout,  so that
part was easy.  I handed two aftermarket 140 "U-bends" and a new  Turbo
muffler, chrome tailpipe, to my muffler man. I had pre-installed  the stock hanger
already.  He cut the "u-bends" in half (does that  make them "L" bends?) and
connected the dots just like a standard 110-style  exhaust, only with larger
tubing.  From the outside, it looks just like any  other Turbo car.  The sound is
very nice, in fact it sounds just like a  Turbo car. (deep and mellow).

Craig Nicol
65,66,67

<snip>
I recall that we have discussed the possibility of  someone producing a high
performance single exhaust system. As previously  described, the exhaust would
consist of a larger diameter exhaust pipe to which  users could attach a
performance turbo muffler. Has anyone developed or  fabricated a single outlet
exhaust pipe with a larger diameter? I have a project  on which I would prefer to
use a single exhaust. Also, I have a 62 sedan with a  65 164 engine and I
would prefer to have a "performance" single exhaust on it.  <unsnip>