<VV> Oils / @0-50, etc.

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 16:22:29 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/27/2005 12:59:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:

> Etchhhh. Thicker oil aggravates cooling, not helps. My current cars all run
>
> on 10W30, usually either Castrol or Vavoline though trying a Walmart
> Synthetic Blend 10W30 in one right now ($7.96 for five quarts). If I had
> trouble in hot weather, I would try a straight 30 racing oil before
> anything with such a range of weights. If overheating or losing oil
> pressure on that I would want to find out why.

Pag,  Multi-vis oil is NEVER  thick......the top number shows that LAB
testing shows that it "PROTECTS"  as well as 50 wt  oil that is the same temp.  It
does NOT  get thicker....just has the "film strength" of 50 wt.

COOLING??      20-30  deg.  does not make MUCH  of a difference....AFAIR
ALL  oils today can take 24 hrs. at 280 deg.!  Before breaking down...
I monitor oil temp  at the pressure switch cavity...just before it goes to
the bearings.....Dino.....170-210  deg.

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V