<VV> Corvairs and Pilots

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 27 18:28:22 EDT 2005

My dad was a basic instructor for the Navy in WWII, FAA inspector, A&P
mechanic, and a fixed base operator (Piper dealership) for around 40 years.
As near as we can figure, he has about 50,000 hours.
I soloed on my 16th birthday in a Cherokee 140.
Private ticket, around 500 hours logged.  Have not flown pilot in command
since 1969.
Grew up with free airplanes and never could make the emotional leap to
paying to fly.  :-(

Roger Gault