<VV> Body Transplant

Stan East sgeast at interlog.com
Mon Jun 27 19:55:31 EDT 2005

From: "N. Joseph Potts" <pottsf at msn.com>

Is there anyone on the list who has taken a Corvair body (no power train, no
brakes, no suspension, no interior) and "inhabited" it with Corvair running
gear to create a whole Corvair?

     If so, please raise your hand and tell us what it cost, and what you
consider it to have been worth.

     It sounds to me as though it could be more-difficult than repairing
SOME rust damage, even IF you have all the right parts to completely outfit
the new body right on hand (say, in the car whose body is being replaced).

Answer.

Not once, not twice but going on three times

The mayor of Oshawa Ontario took a 64 coupe and pieced it back together; it
was in Williamsburg for the Convention. Having sold that, he rescued a 66
Canadian Corsa Convertible which had to be taken apart that far to restore
it. It's on the streets of Oshawa and was used as part of his election
campaigning. He is now in the middle of doing the same thing to one of the
original 100 Yenko Stingers. The Mayor is John C M Gray fellow Corvair
enthusiast. Amazing what politicians will do to resurrect things.

And...personally I rebuilt a 66 500 as a ground up race car (removing
everything) and rebuilding it, it is again very much part of Group Red
syndrome.

Stan East