<VV> Re: Synthetic Blends

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 17:17:39 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/28/2005 1:54:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

I've  never used synthetics and I don't dispute the claims made for them but
the  fact is I've never had an oil related problem with an internal combustion
 engine using REGULAR oil with reasonable change  cycles.

Okay - even more data. Not opinions. My Corvette uses synthetics because  the
warrantee requires it. My racing Corvair used synthetics as overhead
protection. In this admittedly ridiculous niche usage for a motor - Autocrossing  and
road racing - The only reason for having that motor was to race. In case of
a belt failure (It happens!) I wanted to be able to finish a run at an
autocross  or make it to the pits at a road race - without causing major damage to
the  upper end of the Corvair Valve train. Synthetic oils let me do that,
because the  high temps won't cause oil failure, as it will on almost any
conventional oil.  Extended oil changes? Nah - I don't drive any of my cars that much.
And oil is  cheap. - Seth