<VV> rebodied corvairs No Corvair Content

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Jun 29 17:03:47 EDT 2005

At 08:21 hours 06/28/2005, Les wrote:
>Were the Ladas never sold in the U.S.? Tons of them (still) here in
>Winnipeg. The little 4x4 is called a Niva.
>Les

I've heard nothing any worse about the Niva than I've heard about most
other dinky little 4Wds... except maybe the lack of parts sources.    If I
had the chance to nab one of these nifty little bastards I'd ride it...

I wonder how it would go over if I stuck Yugo badges on it...?   ;)   They
do kinda remotely resemble later vintage Yugos.    And, I *do* champion
Yugos seeing as how they never got the respect they were actually due.

>ps - is not Canada part of North America,

Sure is...

>and thus has many Ladas which are registered in America? For clarity
>perhaps you should refer to Pete's Lada as "registered in U.S."......

Is Pete in here somewhere...?    What's the deal on the Lada, Pete...?

tony..