<VV> Re: rebodied corvairs/ First thing to to!

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Jun 29 20:56:16 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/29/2005 3:57:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, RoboMan91324
writes:

> He put in an additional $10,000 to restore it which did not include his
> sweat equity.  Eventually, the CA State police showed up at his door to recover
> the "stolen" car when the daughter of the deceased owner laid claim to the
> car.

ALWAYS....ALWAYS      get the car titled / registered in YOUR NAME  BEFORE
touching it!

Even Hank K.  with the FREE   Ultra Monza was smart enough to request that I
get it titled in MY  name before  shipping the car.......thereby only having
ONE   person able to lay claim /  needed to rectify any title problems!

SO I WENT OUT TO THE PARKING LOT OF THE DMV  and  had the"owner" [ 25 yrs  of
being unknown]  sign the necessary documents!  Amazing how people can show
up....just when you need them!

WCUH