<VV> Washington Registrations

Bill Chellis chelvis at camano.net
Wed Jun 29 22:59:00 EDT 2005

That isn't exactly right.

If you wish to purchase a car from someone in WA and all the seller can
provide you
with is a bill of sale, than you need to have the State Patrol inspect the
car before
getting it titled and registered. After talking with them, the car need not
be running
and it can be towed in. They suggested to me that since the owner did not
want to get
the paperwork in order, I make their inspection a condition of sale. I
passed on this deal.
I was also told that it would be a long time before I received a title, but
at least you
know that the car's VIN is clean.

Three weeks ago I purchased a non-running 1969 Monza that had a lost title.
The seller obtained a
an Application of lost title, signed it and had it cosigned by a licensing
agent and I was
able to register the car hassle free.

Please note that these are 30 year old Corvairs and  I live in a county that
does not require
yearly inspections. If you live in King County and came in with a late model
high
value untitled Corvette, Mercedes or BMW,  that while in theory the
procedure should be the same,
it wouldn't surprise me if the experience didn't go as smoothly as mine.

Bill Chellis