<VV> Re: AOL Instant Messaging - Recruiting New Membership

SPYDER62 at aol.com SPYDER62 at aol.com
Tue Mar 1 09:55:42 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/1/2005 6:28:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
stapon1 at earthlink.net writes:

Not that  it is a big deal but has anyone ever kicked around the notion of
the VV  chapter taking advantage of using instant messaging?

I have about 5 young members of VV and other Corvair lists  IM me all  the
time for info. They like the IM'ing  (instant gratification). The  problem I see
is most are not joiners just want the info and give their thanks  then are
gone till the next problem comes up.
 I have gotten a few to at least say they sent in their CORSA dues,  time
will tell.

Remember that the younger crowd (<30) loves and is  comfortable with this
format and if our club is to grow, we must somehow be  more effective in
tapping into this demographic group. (My Marketing roots  are showing)

Just a thought....

LATE POWER GLIDE SEDANS RULE (In  your Dreams GGGGGG)
rich