<VV> Truth in advertising! + membership idea?

Steve Oxford seoxford at att.net
Tue Mar 1 12:16:58 EST 2005

The seller of ebay car #4532024140 wins the award for "truth in advertising"!  "It starts, drives and stops very well, but it’s kind of lumpy and green.  The Green Machine will get you from A to B, but you won't exactly get there in style....Think of the Green Machine as the type of girl you'd want to marry -- that is, if you look for in a woman poor body work and disintegrating upholstery."

Actually, more than the catchy ad copy, the CORSA sticker in the window caught my eye, and made me think that perhaps CORSA should be thinking about sending a pdf copy of the CORSA discount offer to all sellers of Corvairs on ebay to give to buyers of the cars. The owner of the "lumpy green coupe" was or is apparently a CORSA member but I suspect that many, and maybe a majority of ebay sellers are either not CORSA members or at least don't carry around the "discount card" with them.

Steve Oxford/'63 conv