<VV> Corvair Basics manual

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Mar 2 10:15:27 EST 2005

Folks

When I was describing the Basics Manual yesterday, I was trying to give the 40 second quick description of what was done. For the record let me state that the effort was 100% volunteer. Nobody got paid for what they did.

There were a few chapters in our table of Contents that nobody volunteered to write, and a couple that were volunteered for that didn't pan out as we had hoped.  Bob Helt took those chapters on in addition to being the volunteer editor of the project.  Most of us are familiar with Bob's ability as an auto journalist,  and of course that ability shown through in our book. I was remiss in not mentioning this yesterday, but as I mentioned, I was trying to give the short course.

There were a lot of loose ends left when Bob volunteered to be the editor, and Bob was instrumental in tying them up. In addition to Bob's editing, several volunteers proof-read the manuscript. Not an easy job. Our thanks, and I am sure that of the editor, go out to them for their effort.

Our book --which was a production of V V volunteers start to finish,  is something that all of us can be rightly proud of.  There are scores of Auto enthusiast E mail lists out there, and if there is another that got together, and produced a book equal to the quality of the Basics Manual to assist new enthusiasts and hopefully attract more people to get involved, I sure as heck haven't heard of it.

For those who are new to our list, if CORSA had not offered to fund the cost of printing,  we were prepared to either 1. get enough advance orders from V V members and CORSA chapters to have the bread up front, or 2. Pay for it ourselves, which would obviously been harder.

submitted in the hope that any misconceptions derived from my post of yesterday have been eradicated.

Regards

Hank