<VV> CORSA Display Tent

Rob Landers CorsaRob at charter.net
Wed Mar 2 18:01:46 EST 2005

Before some exasperated BoD member has to reply that everything Bruce cited
has actually already been done... let me say... most of it has.  It's been
highlighted in Sarah's president column, a couple of directors columns, I
think there was a special story on it to announce (I could be wrong on this
one)... and it's been mentioned plenty of times in Chapter news events.

Heck, the Prairie Capital club asked for it and not only did they get all
kinds of materials with it but Mike McGowan (Corsa editor) brought it down
to Springfield, IL (almost 200 miles from Chicago) in the back of his car.
And to a show, he had no intentions of attending.

That show was the annual Illinois Secretary of State show that is open to
all marques and always has over 500 entries, plus a cruise that has even
more cars in it.  The Corvair was the featured car and so we had a prime
location to set it up.  Tim Mahler from PCCA can provide a lot more details
but suffice it to say... it has been used multiple times at places where it
was not "preaching to the choir".  The "preaching to the choir" uses at
CORSA conventions were to also help publicize it's availability!!  I'm not
sure what else CORSA can do to communicate that it exists... this forum
seems like a good place to "remind" people that it does exist... sure hope
this forum works better than the Communique, CORSA conventions, and other
events apparently have.

Rob Landers
Edwardsville, IL
Former CORSA BoD member 1995-2001
Current CORSA Finance committee member (one of those "advisory boards")
Member CORSA since '79, Show-Me Corvairs since 1988, Prairie Capital
Corvairs since 1994, Chicagoland Corvair Enthusiasts since about 1995.